Personal Information pursuant to the Act means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
- acts or practices of Quantum Advisory that are directly related to employee records of current or former employees; and
- the collection and handling of personal information not covered by the Act.
If at any time Quantum Advisory is required by law or in circumstances permitted by the Privacy Act to release information about you or your organisation, Quantum Advisory must cooperate fully. For example, where Quantum Advisory has reasonable grounds to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to our functions or activities has been is being or may be engaged in, or in response to a subpoena, discovery request or a court order.
Personal Information Collected and Held
The kinds of Personal Information that Quantum Advisory collects may include:
- contact details such as name, role or position, address, email address, mobile number, landline number and fax number;
- information relating to your circumstances and affairs (for example, such as your assets, liabilities, income, expenditure, employment details and history) relevant to the matters in which Quantum Advisory is engaged by you;
- information regarding our communications with you and your attendance at seminars and promotional events held by us;
- if you are a prospective employee, information about your qualifications, skills and work experience; and/or
- if you are a supplier or prospective supplier, information about your business skills, services, products and prices.
Quantum Advisory collects Personal Information by various means including when:
- you contact us with a question or inquiry;
- you engage us to provide Financial and Taxation, Audit, Business Advisory and/or System Support Services to you;
- you attend a seminar or event where Quantum Advisory is hosting or presenting;
- our clients provide information relating to related and adverse parties relevant to the advice or services Quantum Advisory is providing;
- Quantum Advisory undertakes a search or investigation; and/or
- Quantum Advisory collects Personal Information from its alliance partners and third parties, however this is only when you have authorised us to do so or you have knowingly provided that information to us. Any information provided to us in this manner will be protected in accordance with the Privacy Act.
Use of Personal Information
Quantum Advisory collects the information to enable us to
- successfully provide you with the services you engage us for;
- communicate with you & respond to requests;
- employ competent and diligent personnel;
- complete internal reporting; and/or
- provide our clients and other 3rd parties with updates on our services and also industry updates.
Without this information, it may prevent us from providing our services to you.
Quantum Advisory will only collect, maintain and use the information for the purpose provided unless you have consented to alternate use of the information.
Quantum Advisory also uses the Personal Information to send you information (either by e-mail or post) that you request. If at any time you receive material that you did not request or do not want to receive such material anymore, for example, marketing material, you can contact [email protected] and opt-out of these services.
To Whom Does Quantum Advisory Disclose Your Personal Information?
Subject to its obligations at law or under the Privacy Act, Quantum Advisory will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise supply to third parties any Personal Information obtained from you unless you give us your consent.
Quantum Advisory uses a range of third-party service providers to ensure you receive quality and efficient services and to run our internal business systems. This means that individuals and organisations outside of Quantum Advisory will at times have access to Personal Information held by Quantum Advisory and may collect and use it on Quantum Advisory’s behalf and with our permission.
Examples of these individuals and organisations include independent contractors and consultants, off-site security storage facilities, information technology and software providers, and debt collection agencies.
Quantum Advisory utilises third-party software systems as part of our service delivery to you. Some of these systems store data on servers domiciled in the United States, United Kingdom, Philippines and/or Indonesia and Singapore. At all times, your data is under Quantum Advisory’s control and, as discussed further below, Quantum Advisory has taken all reasonable security measures to protect your privacy.
Quantum Advisory may at times develop aggregate (i.e. not individual) reports which incorporate some details from the Personal Information. The reports are for use by our business partners and do not include any personally identifiable information.
How Will Quantum Advisory Keep Your Personal Information Secure?
Quantum Advisory takes reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards designed to protect against the loss, misuse, unauthorised access, alteration and/or disclosure of the Personal Information under its control.
These security measures include:
- Restricted access to Personal Information;
- Firewalls – protecting Servers and work stations;
- Encryption of data; and
- Confidentiality clauses in all employee agreements.
- Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information
You can contact Quantum Advisory to access, correct or update your Personal Information. Unless Quantum Advisory is subject to confidentiality obligations or some other restriction on giving access to the information and Quantum Advisory is permitted to refuse you access under the Privacy Act, Quantum Advisory will endeavour to make your information available to you within 30 days. Examples of circumstances where Quantum Advisory may refuse to give you access to your personal information include where:
- giving access would be unlawful;
- Quantum Advisory reasonably believes that giving you access would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual or to public health or public safety;
- giving access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- the information could reveal the intentions of a party in negotiations;
- giving access could prejudice the taking of appropriate action in relation to unlawful activity; and/or
- giving access could reveal evaluative information in a commercially sensitive decision-making process.
If you request to correct your personal information, Quantum Advisory will correct, or, if it considers more appropriate, note your request for amendment of the information on your record.
Quantum Advisory will not charge you to make a request to access your record but Quantum Advisory may charge you to actually provide access depending on the costs associated with obtaining and providing the material.
These actions can usually be taken by contacting Quantum Advisory using the contact information in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
If you have a complaint about Quantum Advisory’s handling of your Personal Information, or in relation to your dealings with us about your Personal Information, you may contact us via the options outlined below.
How to Contact Us
By Mail: Director of Complaints, PO Box 101, WINDSOR NSW 2756
By Email: [email protected]