Round 3 of the Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) program is open for applications from 9am AEDT, Wednesday 15 March 2023, and closes at 4pm AEST, Friday, 14 April 2023.
Grants are for eligible promotional activities undertaken by small to medium sized exporters and representative bodies. Small to medium enterprise (SME) exporters can apply for grants over 8 years in total (but not necessarily consecutively). Representative bodies have no maximum grant years. Grants for businesses are available in 3 tiers with each providing a different level of support for SMEs as they grow their export markets. The tiers and likely grant amounts are:
The EMDG program bases criteria on eligibility, not competition. All eligible applicants receive a grant. The process is as follows:
- Apply for a grant for eligible promotional activities you plan to undertake.
- After all applications are considered, Austrade offers a grant agreement to each eligible applicant.
- If you agree, you enter into a grant agreement with Austrade. Grant agreements will clarify the maximum funding amounts per financial year over the term of your grant agreement.
- You lodge a milestone report to request milestone payments as per your grant agreement. Your grant agreement will state:
- when we make your milestone payments
- what you need to do to get these payments.
For more information visit here https://www.austrade.gov.au/australian/export/export-grants